Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Free Magazines. A good thing or a very, very bad thing?

Ok, so it's been super fun getting magazines for free. I mean everytime I go to the store and see Women's Day on display I think "hey, I get that for FREE and you all are suckers!".

But can I really keep up with these? When am I going to have the time to read these?

I got the first of my Lucky Subscription a few weeks back that I haven't even OPENED yet and BAM! another came in the mail this week. That Oprah magazine I took a shot of in my Fabulous Freebies Received post? No, haven't opened that either. Transworld Snowboarding? No. My husband gets that one. Has it been read? I'm pretty sure not.

And then wouldn't you know it....Parents Magazine (you know, that FREE 2 year subscription) came yesterday. I have a PILE of magazines sitting on counter and now I'm feeling stressed. Oh and did I mention the All You magazine I get? (oh and yes, I paid for that one but it's SO worth it). I think it's got really good stuff in it but I never get to it fast enough to read it before I cut the coupons and once you do that, wouldn't you know but half the story you started reading and can't wait to finish when you turn to page 86 is only 1/2 there?

Ok, ok...it's good to get free things but is it hurting the planet? I mean how many trees had to die for all these magazines I'm getting? Is it worth me stressing over when I'm going to find the time to read ALL of these? I don't know. I'm at a loss.

Do you read all the magazines you subscribe to (whether free or paid)? And if so, how the hell do you do it? I gotta know....

P.S. Is anyone else getting a free subscription to TV Guide? I have no idea how this one came to be and I don't remember signing up for it but that sucker comes very week! Oy!

No comments: