Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Back to the Real World

After a brief hiatus from blogging and a FABULOUS trip away with my husband for my birthday...I'm back. What a bummer!

My husband is amazing. He planned an entire weekend trip SANS kids (yes that means NO kids!) for my birthday. (which is this Thursday by the way) He surprised me with not only the location we went but with flowers waiting in the room, dinners with friends and family...just planned it all from top to bottom. He is so good at these things and much better than I. I continue to learn from him and am so grateful and blessed that he is mine.

But it's back to the real world. Working. Being a mom. The daily grind. I can only hope we have the opportunity to have more weekends away together. It's not only fun but it's nice to talk to him and spend time with him without the kids tugging at us, yelling in our ear, talking over us and so on...would I trade that either? No way! I'm the luckiest girl in the world...an amazing husband and two wonderful kids. What more can you ask for? Life is good!!

No comments: